Things to do in September
- Fertilize and aerate lawn.
- Spray for weeds in the lawn.
- Plant tulips, daffodils, crocus, and other spring flowering bulbs.
- Harvest crops, create new zucchini recipes, try fried green tomatoes.
- Prune birch and maple trees and summer flowering trees and shrubs.
- Water deeply throughout the month.
- Bring in hummingbird feeders, clean thoroughly and put away for the season.
- Plant cover crops in the garden for green manure.
- Plant trees, shrubs and perennials.