Things to do in May
- May is the end of the spring planting season for many woody plants.
- Make sure they are well mulched, well watered, and not allowed to dry out.
- Planting of gladiola and dahlias continues.
- Set the stakes as the dahlias are planted so there will be no damage to the roots later.
- Seeds of perennials and biennials are sown.
- Sow pansy seed for fall and early winter bloom.
- Spring flowering bulbs are still in need of their foliage. Do not remove until yellow.
- Time to plant most annual flowers in the north.
- Summer vegetables may be seeded or set out as plants in the second half of this month.
Please follow and like us: