Our Nursery sales associates play an integral role in the success of our store. Nursery Sales associates interact with our customers providing superior customer service and excellent plant advice.
$15.75 – $15.75 per hour, Medical Benefits available after 90 days (60% paid by company-40% by employee), I.R.A. retirement plan available after 1st year, 80hrs. vacation after 1st year based on full time position (40hrs. per week), 6 paid holidays + Paid Birthday time off, Washington State required minimum paid sick leave (1hr. per 40hrs. worked – Maximum of 40hrs per year), 20% discount on purchases.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers with garden related questions and recommendations.
- Assist in general nursery maintenance including watering and pruning plant material and keeping the nursery clean.
- Restock garden center plants and merchandise.
- Create and assist with visual displays and merchandising of plants and products.
- Assist with the compliance of company standards.
Must communicate clearly to customers, have good communication skills, organized, ability to follow directions, and great customer service skills.
Applicants should have a background in the Garden Center industry and/or healthy knowledge of plant material, fertilizers/chemicals/soil amendments. We can train, but it is easier to learn if you have some prior knowledge. This position requires one to be able to perform physical work and heavy lifting and have some degree of heat tolerance. This position requires the ability to load and unload trucks, and move plants and material around in the garden center. Outdoor work is required; *must be able to work Saturdays, Sundays and holidays; must be able to lift up to 50lbs regularly. The applicant should be professional in attitude and appearance; must be 18 or older; must have a high school diploma or equivalent. You must have a working contact phone number, and have a reliable means of transportation.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Required to work a schedule determined by Management, but can change based on the needs of the store.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
- Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Seasonal: Now through – To Be Determined (sales and weather conditions)
***Non-Smoking only – due to the transfer of Tobacco Mosaic Virus may apply***
To be considered for a position at Northwest Seed & Pet, our Job application must be filled out and returned to the location you are applying for. Follow the link below to obtain an application or visit us at one of our locations to acquire an application.
The form below can be used to send us your Job Application: