Basic Job Description for Cashier Position:
Receive and disburse money by use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Often involved in processing credit or debit card transactions and validating checks.
$15.75 – $15.75 per hour, Medical Benefits available after 90 days (60% paid by company-40% by employee), I.R.A. retirement plan available after 1st year, 80hrs. vacation after 1st year based on full time position (40hrs. per week), 6 paid holidays + Paid Birthday time off, Washington State required minimum paid sick leave (1hr. per 40hrs. worked – Maximum of 40hrs per year), 20% discount on purchases.
Job Duties and Tasks for: Cashier Position
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Identify prices of goods and or services, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Issue and redeem Gift Cards and coupons.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Weigh items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Sell products and other items to customers.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions
- Answer phones and transfer calls to appropriate departments
Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
Required to work a schedule determined by Management, but can change based on the needs of the store.
Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics — The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly and using mathematics to solve problems.
- Speaking — The ability to communicate information effectively and ideas, so others will understand.
- Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Finger & Manual Dexterity — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Extent Flexibility — The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Lift 50 lbs or more properly.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
The employee will not use drugs or alcohol on the job.
The employee will not create a direct threat to the health and safety of others
on the job.
Position is Full Time (32-40hrs)
New employees will be available to work weekends
To be considered for a position at Northwest Seed & Pet, our Job application must be filled out and returned to the location you are applying for. Follow the link below to obtain an application or visit us at one of our locations to acquire an application.
The form below can be used to send us your Job Application: